Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Then they smiled with eyes that looked as if they knew me... this is scaring me.



Why the fuck did I get in the car.

Nothing happened. But the fact that I would trust a stranger like that, trust a stranger with my life... I hate everything he said to me. I am eighteen-fucking-years-old. Look, Mr. Gunner, I am not your true lover. I have all the time in the world for games, but no time for guys who flip shit and go fucking scary-crazy.

"I am the kind of man who would lay down my life for the woman I love. I should have been born in the knight's times, because I am that kind of guy. I will fight to keep you interested in me."

And what did I do then?

When I got back to my car?

I went and made out with the Editor at his house until 2:30 in the morning.

"Oh hey! Sorry I didn't call earlier. I was hanging out with my friend Nicole..."

I can't do that anymore. I just want the ex back in my life, the ex who is noncommittal, the perfect part-time boyfriend who's sexy as all hell and irritates me enough to let me leave him at a distance. (But he never called me back.)

I am crawling out of my skin, and this is just the beginning. I don't know how what I'm going to do about the Gunner. Never calling him again is not an option.

Posted by Brandi at 3:17 PM  

2 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.
. said...
3:42 AM  

Never calling him again would be so easy for me. Maybe that says a lot about the deficiencies of my character, but if a guy frightened me in that way I believe dropping contact would be my natural reaction.

. said...
3:44 AM  

Post a Comment